>> Thursday, December 17, 2015
|Sand sculpture to save Olive Ridley Turtles by Sudarsan Pattnaik with message "Love Us Save Us"|
- Human predation in the nesting habitat for meat and leather
- Collection of eggs for consumption
- Permanent destruction of the nesting habitat through coastal degradation and development
- Incidental capture (by catch) - collateral damage to the practices of shrimp trawling and commercial fishing
- Climate Change
>> Saturday, March 23, 2013
Earth Hour is a worldwide event organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and held towards the end of March annually, encouraging households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights for one hour to raise awareness about the need to take action on climate change. The event, conceived by WWF and Leo Burnett, first took place in 2007, when 2.2 million residents of Sydney participated by turning off all non-essential lights. Following Sydney's lead, many other cities around the world adopted the event in 2008. Earth Hour 2013 will be held on March 23, 2013 from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. during participants' local time.
Only few hours left for Earth Hour which is at 8:30 PM to 9:30PM today. Let's join hands for the noble cause and let's unite to say that "We care for Nature."
If you’re interested in participating in the great cause, we invite you to register on the Earth Hour site, so that your participation will be included in the official tally of participants. For more information on Earth Hour, visit www.earthhour.org.
>> Sunday, February 17, 2013
Polythene is very dangerous in the long run. That's why Supreme Court of India said "Plastic bag threat is more serious than atom bomb".
Here are some serious problem created by excessive use of Polythene and plastic carry bags:
1. Excessive use of plastic bags and their unregulated disposal has been choking lakes, ponds and urban sewerage systems.
2. Because of irresponsible disposal of plastic bags and defunct municipal waste collection system, cows, bulls, dogs etc ingest polythene into their stomach causing severe pain to them and choking their stomach and even causes death to them.
3. Plastic residues enter the human food chain through dairy and animal products.
4. Plastic bags are increasingly posing a grave threat to wildlife too. Along India's rivers and coastline, plastic waste and garbage is dumped from thousands of villages and towns into the water along with untreated sewage. The garbage including plastic waste is found by wild animals and is ingested by them.
5. Polythene moves to Sea through rivers. Coloured Polythene reacts with Salt water in Sea and pollutes the sea water posing threat to Dolphin, Tortoises and other water animals.
>> Friday, December 21, 2012
Each drop is precious.Save each drop of water.
- Close the Taps properly.
- Fix faulty taps.
Be an ambassador to save nature earth. Spread the word.
>> Friday, August 6, 2010
An incident took place in Pune, India - a young girl was attacked by a man posing as a plain Clothes Police Officer. He asked her to come to the police station when she & her male friend didn't have a driver's license to show. He sent the boy off to get his license and asked the girl to accompany him to the police station. Took her instead to an isolated area where the horrendous crime was committed.
The Indian law [which most of us are not aware of] clearly states that between 6 pm and 6 am, a woman has the right to REFUSE to go to the Police Station , even if an arrest warrant has been issued against her. It is a procedural issue that a woman can be arrested between 6pm and 6am, ONLY if she is arrested by a woman officer & taken to an ALL WOMEN police station. And if she is arrested by a male officer, it has to be proven that a woman officer was on duty at the time of arrest.
Please share this link with as many girls you know. Also to boys coz this can help them protect their wife, sisters and mother. It is good for us to know our rights. Do not neglect, share with your entire buddy list.